The Ecological Restoration Alliance is an association of botanic gardens actively engaged in ecological restoration. Members of the Alliance have agreed to support efforts to scale up the restoration of damaged, degraded and destroyed ecosystems around the world, with the goal of restoring 100 places by 2020.
Members of the Ecological Restoration Alliance are listed below.
Executive Council members:
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Australia
- Missouri Botanical Garden, USA
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, UK
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, UK
- Brackenhurst Botanic Garden, Kenya
- National Tropical Botanical Garden, USA
- Rio de Janeiro Botanic Garden, Brazil
- Instituto de Ecología, A.C. “Francisco Javier Clavijero Botanic Garden”, Mexico
- Royal Botanical Gardens, Canada
- The Eden Project, UK
- South China Botanical Garden, China
- Royal Botanic Garden, Jordan
- Korea National Arboretum, Korea
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park, UK
- Chicago Botanical Garden, USA
- Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney, Australia
- Tooro Botanical Garden, Uganda
- Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden, USA
- New York Botanical Garden, USA
The Ecological Restoration Alliance of Botanic Gardens is coordinated by Botanic Gardens Conservation International (BGCI).
Restoration of arid coastal habitat at Shark Bay Salt, a solar salt farm, in Western Australia. Photo credit: Barney Wilczak